[forum] License Change

David Dawes forum@xfree86.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:07:56 -0500

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 06:41:25PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
>For code owned by me (Alan Cox) please keep the original license and do not
>change it, as I wish my code to be usable by forks of the XFree86 codebase
>that allow GPL drivers (like AlanH's VNC driver and the new touchpad drivers)
>as well as linking with GPL code.

No worries.  License changes apply only to code where "The XFree86
Project, Inc" is the copyright holder (and a subset of that, in
fact).  XFree86 contributors remain free to choose which license
applies to their code, within classes of licenses that are listed
in our LICENSE document <http://www.xfree86.org/current/LICENSE.html>.
The original license is still acceptable for contributions.

Please review the source patch at
<http://www.xfree86.org/license-200401.diff.gz>, and notify us if
there are any errors in edits for the new license.

David
--
David Dawes
developer/release engineer                      The XFree86 Project