[forum] Re: Announcement: Modification to the base XFree86(TM) license.

Måns Rullgård forum@xfree86.org
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:07:54 +0100

Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@suse.de> writes:

> I'm not sure if manual pages are a problem here, but I'm quite sure
> that include files and the Misc extension implementation are. :-(
> I don't think that the XFree86 Project Inc. is interested into Linux
> distributors shipping 4.4.0 RC2 (CVS release) instead of 4.4.0 with
> their next release because of this GPL incompability problem with
> XFree86 libs.

Why not pull your senses together and realize that dynamic linking
doesn't create a derived work.  It's the only reasonable
interpretation.  The problem is that FSF are not being reasonable.  It
has already been determined that APIs are not copyrightable, so
where's the problem?

Måns Rullgård