[forum] Re: Announcement: Modification to the base XFree86(TM) license.

Måns Rullgård forum@xfree86.org
Sun, 01 Feb 2004 14:07:54 +0100

Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@suse.de> writes:

> I'm not sure if manual pages are a problem here, but I'm quite sure
> that include files and the Misc extension implementation are. :-(
>
> I don't think that the XFree86 Project Inc. is interested into Linux
> distributors shipping 4.4.0 RC2 (CVS release) instead of 4.4.0 with
> their next release because of this GPL incompability problem with
> XFree86 libs.

Why not pull your senses together and realize that dynamic linking
doesn't create a derived work.  It's the only reasonable
interpretation.  The problem is that FSF are not being reasonable.  It
has already been determined that APIs are not copyrightable, so
where's the problem?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se