Table of Contents
nv - NVIDIA video driver
nv is an XFree86 driver for NVIDIA video cards. The driver
supports full 2D acceleration and provides support for the following framebuffer
depths: 8, 15, 16 (except Riva128) and 24. All visual types are supported
for depth 8, TrueColor and DirectColor visuals are supported for the other
depths with the exception of the Riva128 which only supports TrueColor
in the higher depths.
The nv driver supports PCI and
AGP video cards based on the following NVIDIA chips:
Please refer to XF86Config(5)
for general configuration details.
This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
- RIVA 128
- RIVA TNT2
- GeForce 256, QUADRO
- GeForce2, QUADRO2
- GeForce3, QUADRO DCC
- nForce, nForce2
- NV1A, NV1F
- NV17, NV18, NV25, NV28
- GeForce FX, QUADRO FX
The driver auto-detects the chipset type and the amount of video memory
present for all chips.
The following driver Options are supported:
Authors include: David McKay, Jarno Paananen, Chas Inman, Dave
Schmenk, Mark Vojkovich
- Enable or disable the HW cursor. Default: on.
- Disable or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration
- Option "UseFBDev" "boolean"
- Enable or disable use of on OS-specific
fb interface (and is not supported on all OSs). See fbdevhw(4)
information. Default: off.
- Option "CrtcNumber" "integer"
- nForce2, Quadro4,
GeForce4 and NV30 may have two video outputs. The driver attempts to autodetect
which one the monitor is connected to. In the case that autodetection picks
the wrong one, this option may be used to force usage of a particular output.
The options are "0" or "1". Default: autodetected.
- Option "FlatPanel" "boolean"
- The driver usually cannot autodetect the presence of a flat panel so this
option should be set when used with a flat panel. With this driver a flat
panel will only work if it was POSTed by the BIOS, that is, the machine
must have booted to the panel. Default: off.
- Option "FPDither" "boolean"
- Most digital flat panels have only 6 bits per component color resolution.
This option tells the driver to dither from 8 bits per component to 6 before
the flat panel truncates it. This is only suported in depth 24 on NV11,
nForce2, GeForce4, Quadro4 and NV30. Default: off.
- Option "Rotate" "CW"
- Option "Rotate" "CCW"
- Rotate the display clockwise or counterclockwise.
This mode is unaccelerated. Default: no rotation.
Note: Option Rotate does
not work unless the Resize and Rotate extension has been turned off.
- Enable or disable use of the shadow framebuffer layer.
Table of Contents