Table of Contents
mga - Matrox video driver
mga is an XFree86 driver for Matrox video cards. The driver
is fully accelerated, and provides support for the following framebuffer
depths: 8, 15, 16, 24, and an 8+24 overlay mode. All visual types are supported
for depth 8, and both TrueColor and DirectColor visuals are supported for
the other depths except 8+24 mode which supports PseudoColor, GrayScale
and TrueColor. Multi-head configurations are supported. XVideo is supported
on G200 and newer systems, with either TexturedVideo or video overlay.
The mga driver supports PCI and AGP video cards based on the following
Please refer to XF86Config(5)
for general configuration details.
This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
- Millennium (original)
- Millennium II
- Millennium G200 and Mystique G200
The driver auto-detects the chipset type, but the following ChipSet names
may optionally be specified in the config file "Device" section, and will
override the auto-detection:
"mga2064w", "mga1064sg", "mga2164w", "mga2164w
agp", "mgag100", "mgag200", "mgag200 pci" "mgag400".
The driver will auto-detect
the amount of video memory present for all chips except the Millennium
II. In the Millennium II case it defaults to 4096 kBytes. When using a Millennium
II, the actual amount of video memory should be specified with a VideoRam
entry in the config file "Device" section.
The following driver Options
Authors include: Radoslaw Kapitan, Mark Vojkovich,
and also David Dawes, Guy Desbief, Dirk Hohndel, Doug Merritt, Andrew E.
Mileski, Andrew van der Stock, Leonard N. Zubkoff.
- Option "ColorKey" "integer"
- Set the colormap index used
for the transparency key for the depth 8 plane when operating in 8+24 overlay
mode. The value must be in the range 2-255. Default: 255.
- Option "HWCursor"
- Enable or disable the HW cursor. Default: on.
- Option "MGASDRAM"
- Specify whether G100, G200 or G400 cards have SDRAM. The driver
attempts to auto-detect this based on the card's PCI subsystem ID. This option
may be used to override that auto-detection. The mga driver is not able
to auto-detect the presence of of SDRAM on secondary heads in multihead
configurations so this option will often need to be specified in multihead
configurations. Default: auto-detected.
- Option "NoAccel" "boolean"
or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled.
- Option "OverclockMem"
- Set clocks to values used by some commercial X-Servers (G100, G200 and G400
only). Default: off.
- Option "Overlay"
- Enable 8+24 overlay mode. Only appropriate
for depth 24. (Note: the G100 is unaccelerated in the 8+24 overlay mode
due to a missing hardware feature.) Default: off.
- Option "PciRetry" "boolean"
- Enable or disable PCI retries. Default: off.
- Option "Rotate" "CW"
- Rotate the display clockwise or counterclockwise. This mode
is unaccelerated. Default: no rotation.
- Option "ShadowFB" "boolean"
or disable use of the shadow framebuffer layer. See shadowfb(4)
information. Default: off.
- Option "SyncOnGreen" "boolean"
- Enable or disable
combining the sync signals with the green signal. Default: off.
- Option "UseFBDev"
- Enable or disable use of on OS-specific fb interface (and is not
supported on all OSs). See fbdevhw(4)
for further information. Default:
- Option "VideoKey" "integer"
- This sets the default pixel value for the
YUV video overlay key. Default: undefined.
- Option "TexturedVideo" "boolean"
- This has XvImage support use the texture engine rather than the video overlay.
This option is only supported by the G200 and G400, and only in 16 and
32 bits per pixel. Default: off.
Table of Contents