Table of Contents
glint - GLINT/Permedia video driver
glint is an XFree86 driver for 3Dlabs & Texas Instruments GLINT/Permedia
based video cards. The driver is rather fully accelerated, and provides
support for the following framebuffer depths: 8, 15 (may give bad results
with FBDev support), 16, 24 (32 bpp recommended, 24 bpp has problems),
30, and an 8+24 overlay mode.
The glint driver supports
3Dlabs (GLINT MX, GLINT 500TX, GLINT GAMMA, Permedia, Permedia 2, Permedia
2v, Permedia 3) and Texas Instruments (Permedia, Permedia 2) chips.
Please refer to XF86Config(5)
for general configuration details.
This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
The driver auto-detects the chipset type, but the following ChipSet names
may optionally be specified in the config file "Device" section, and will
override the auto-detection:
"ti_pm2", "ti_pm", "pm3", "pm2v", "pm2", "pm",
"500tx", "mx", "gamma".
The driver will try to auto-detect the amount of
video memory present for all chips. If it's not detected correctly, the
actual amount of video memory should be specified with a VideoRam entry
in the config file "Device" section.
Additionally, you may need to specify
the bus ID of your card with a BusID entry in the config file "Device"
section, especially with FBDev support.
The following driver Options are
Alan Hourihane, Dirk Hohndel, Stefan Dirsch, Michel Dänzer, Sven Luther
- Option "HWCursor" "boolean"
- Enable or disable the HW cursor.
- Option "SWCursor" "boolean"
- Enable or disable the SW cursor.
Default: off. This option disables the HWCursor option and vice versa.
- Disable or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration
- Option "Overlay"
- Enable 8+24 overlay mode. Only appropriate
for depth 24, 32 bpp. (Note: This hasn't been tested with FBDev support and
probably won't work.) Recognized values are: "8,24", "24,8". Default: off.
- Option "PciRetry" "boolean"
- Enable or disable PCI retries. (Note: This doesn't
work with Permedia2 based cards for Amigas.) Default: off.
- Option "ShadowFB"
- Enable or disable use of the shadow framebuffer layer. See shadowfb(4)
for further information. (Note: This disables hardware acceleration.) Default:
- Option "UseFBDev" "boolean"
- Enable or disable use of an OS-specific
fb interface (which is not supported on all OSs). See fbdevhw(4)
information. Default: off.
- Option "BlockWrite" "boolean"
- Enable or disable
block writes for the various Permedia 2 chips. This improves acceleration
in general, but disables it for some special cases. Default: off.
- If you have a card of the same name, turn this on.
- Option "SetMClk" "freq"
- The driver will try to auto-detect
the memory clock for all chips. If it's not detected correctly, the actual
value (in MHz) should be specified with this option.
Table of Contents