XFree86 Video Timings HOWTO
Eric S. Raymond <firstname.lastname@example.org>Version 3.0, 8 Aug 1997
How to compose a mode line for your card/monitor combination under XFree86.
The XFree86 distribution now includes good facilities for configuring most
standard combinations; this document is mainly useful if you are tuning a
custom mode line for a high-performance monitor or very unusual hardware.
It may also help you in using xvidtune to tweak a standard mode that is
not quite right for your monitor.
- 4.1. The monitor's video bandwidth:
- 4.2. What these control:
- 5.1. About Bandwidth:
- 5.2. Sync Frequencies and the Refresh Rate:
- 9.1. Horizontal Sync:
- 9.2. Vertical Sync:
- 14.1. The image is displaced to the left or right
- 14.2. The image is displaced up or down
- 14.3. The image is too large both horizontally and vertically
- 14.4. The image is too wide (too narrow) horizontally
- 14.5. The image is too deep (too shallow) vertically